st: On marginal effects

From   "Clive Nicholas" <>
Subject   st: On marginal effects
Date   Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:51:35 -0000 (GMT)

OK, no problem. I should reply by saying that I've attempted to circumvent
this difficulty by tabulating Excel spreadsheets. However, consulting the
literature has not made me entirely clear about the computation. As I
understand it, -dF/dx- as reported in Stata multiplies the probit
coefficients by their corresponding f(z) score. But when I downloaded the
auto-data from Stata, my -probit- calculations of [b*f(z)] didn't match
the marginal effects presented after running both -mfx compute- or
-dprobit- (all of which were MEs of 14 zeros, anyway). Where am I going

> Can't help with the problem, sorry.
> As Clive's title may not make sense to
> all on an international list, I'll just
> say that MFI is a British firm offering
> relatively cheap furniture.
> Nick
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Politics Building,
School of Geography, Politics and Sociology,
University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne,
NE1 7RU,
United Kingdom.