Re: st: Re: RE: RE: best way to create iweight - code?

From   Nicholas Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: RE: RE: best way to create iweight - code?
Date   Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:51:49 -0500

This sounds like the process called raking, or post-stratifying (depending on whether you have only marginal distributions from A, or have the cell distributions as well.

See my package -survwgt-, on SSC.

Nick Cox's -mstdize- does some of this, too.

--Nick Winter

At 01:33 PM 11/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:

> Objet : st: best way to create iweight?
> I have dataset "A" with some distribution of age (in years) and sex
> (0,1), and totally unrelated dataset "B" with some different
> distribution of age and sex.  What is the most parsimonious way to
> create an iweight for individuals in dataset B that will give it the
> same age and sex distribution of dataset A?
> Thank you,
> Lisa Jahns
> University of North Carolina
Nicholas Winter t 607.255.8819