st: Re: Stata 8 graph bugs?

From   "Scott Merryman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Stata 8 graph bugs?
Date   Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:06:20 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Blasnik" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:21 PM
Subject: st: Stata 8 graph bugs?

> I've been using the Stata 8 graphics intensively for the past few weeks and
> am finding that I can create lots of really great graphics.  However, I am
> also finding lots of little bugs and some big ones.  I was wondering whether
> other users are experiencing the same things or whether I just can't figure
> out how to do things.  I am using Stata 8.2 SE fully updated on Win XP Pro.
> 1) I can't get rid of boxes surrounding legends using either the
> lstyle(none), lwid(none), or lcol(none) suboptions within the region
> suboption of the legend option

If the legend region color is the same as the background, the box will not be
visible.  For example:

twoway (scatter trunk mpg price, sort), legend(on) legend(region(color("255 255
255") )) scheme(s1mono)

Another option is the use the lean schemes:

twoway (scatter trunk mpg price, sort),  scheme(lean1)