Re: st: dynamic panel estimation in the presence of unit roots

From   "alopca2002" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: dynamic panel estimation in the presence of unit roots
Date   Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:17:37 -0000

Dear Dann and statalist users;

I have read the Blundell and Bond paper (JOE 87, 1998)about the
validity of the GMM estimator developed by Arellano and Bond in 1991.
Actually i have some doubts about the interpretation of the Monte-
Carlo simulations attached. It seems that there is a little gain when
N=500 and T=11.

I am working with a panel data of N=604 and T=8 and i obtain an high
value of alpha, above 0.8. Is it worth to estimate the Blundel-Bond
model using DPD with so huge database? Also, are the Arellano-Bond
results biased in my model?

All sugestions are welcome!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Faithfully yours