st: Kolmogorov-Smirnov problem

From   Michael Carney <>
Subject   st: Kolmogorov-Smirnov problem
Date   Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:07:40 -0500

I am trying to conduct a Kolmogorov-Smirnov test to determine if a set of data is distributed normally. I am using the command

     ksmirnov var1 = normprob(var1)
But using this command, I am getting obviously incorrect D statistics. (I have tried the same command with a small data set to which I have computed the correct answer by hand, and stata gives incorrect D values for that small data set as well.) Am I missing something in the command line?

Any help would be appreciated

--Mike Carney