st: RE: Re: Downloading canned solutions when you don't have internet access within Stata

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Downloading canned solutions when you don't have internet access within Stata
Date   Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:19:26 -0000

No doubt this will be useful for others in
this situation. Dependent on your operating
system and local set-up, you may want to
vary details in 1) and 4). The general
advice is to put stuff in what -adopath-
identifies as PLUS on your system.

I should point out that the Boston College archive
referred to is just one of several possible sources
of user-written programs. (It is also often referred
to as the SSC archive.) It is, I believe, the biggest,
but several others exist, such as those accessible via

http://www.stata.com/links/resources2.html

Ramani Gunatilaka