Re: st: RE: scalar troubles?

From   Edwin Leuven <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: scalar troubles?
Date   Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:11:18 +0100

(This applies not just to -display-, but to any context that refers to a single value, rather than the whole dataset's set of values.)

I also find it odd, and have never found it useful. Does anyone find it useful? I would not have designed it that way, and have always found it to be a potential source of error rather than a convenience.
default behavior which uses the scalar seems more logical indeed, but perhaps the current default is well argued (although i can't see how)

* For searches and help try: