Re: st: k-sample tests for differences in proportions

From   "\"Jingky P. Lozano\"" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: k-sample tests for differences in proportions
Date   Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:37:35 +0800 (PHT)

I was thinking that you can probably use Kruskall-Wallis which is the nonpar
equivalent of ANOVA but since you only have two possible answer (with Univ and
without univ degree) per religion, I agree that you can just simply use chi-
square.  There will really be not much use in comparing the means.  A 0.5 mean
in education variable cannot be interpreted as incomplete Univ degree since
your coding system is categorical.  I think it is more appropriate to use chi-
square.