Re: st: Any Bootstrapper in the list

From   Ramani Gunatilaka <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Any Bootstrapper in the list
Date   Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:37:25 +0000

Hi there,
I am a bootstrapper of the very basic sort myself. As a first reference, did you try Efron and Tibshirani (1993), An Introduction to the Bootstrap? Sets out the basic principles pretty simply.
As for code, I found Angus Deaton's code for analysing household surveys very useful. He uses Stata Version 4 and you will find  his codes at
http://www.worldbank.org/lsms/tools/deaton/index.htm
He uses the DIY -bsample- command.
Hope this will help you.
Regards,