Re: st: Re: saveold

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: saveold
Date   Mon, 3 Nov 2003 17:35:46 +0100

Edoardo,

You must also pay attention to the version of Stata you and your colleague
are using: Intercooled will not open SpecialEdition files.

If you are using Stata 8 SE, you must -saveold .. , intercooled- for Stata
7 Intercooled to be able to read the file.

Philippe

*************
Re: st: Re: saveold

From: edoardo masset <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: Re: saveold
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:24:44 -0800 (PST)
Previous Article (by Date): st: incremental F-test for xtreg with Random Effects "Ann Terlaak"
Articles sorted by: [Date] [Author] [Subject]

Thanks for this, I'll certainly use this program
(descsave) when trying to transfer from stata 8 to
stata 6. But I am not too happy about the suggestion
of buying Statatransfer in order to transfer data from
stata 8 to stata 7 (actually I have stattransfer, but
this is an old version too, and so only able to
transfer from 7 to 6).

At the end of the day what should I make of a command
called saveold whose description says it saves the
current data into stata 7 format? This seems not to be
working for me. I cannot believe there isnt a quick
solution to this. Either the command or something I am
doing must be wrong. Any help would be really
appreciated.

Edoardo

the system manager.