st: 64-Bit Stata

From   "Tim R. Sass" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: 64-Bit Stata
Date   Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:10:28 -0500

In addition to speeding up processing a bit, wouldn't a 64-bit version double the maximum allowed RAM from 4GB to 8GB? If so, this could be quite important for researchers working with very large data sets.

Any thoughts on the outlook for a Windows-based 64-bit version of Stata? I heard recently that AMD is rolling at a 64-bit chip.

Tim