Re: st: Stata do-file Editor

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata do-file Editor
Date   Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:25:28 +0900

Thomas Gschwend wrote:
I am working with StataSE 8.2 (Windows), just updated today.

Ctrl+V or equally clicking on the symbol "paste" in the do-file editor does
in fact work as expected with the minor and very annoying feature that you
do not get back to the location in the do-file where the cursor currently
is but automatically to the very beginning of the do-file. Thus you have
always to manually scroll all the way down to the place where the cursor is.

Is somebody able to replicate this behavior? If yes, can this behavior be
fixed?
Thomas

I didn't replicate this problem when I pasted from Notepad (for example)
into Stata's do-file editor.  The cursor was left at the end of the pasted
text.

I'm using Stata SE (for Windows), Release 8.2, born 28 Oct 2003; ado's
updated to 28 Oct 2003, as well.

Joseph Coveney

P.S.  Thank you, Stata Corp, or fixing -odbc describe-.  And I look forward
to trying out -odbc sql-.