st: Tables and row/column percentages

From   "SURAN, LUCIANA" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Tables and row/column percentages
Date   Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:56:52 -0500

Dear Statalist,

I have a question concerning the "table" command, and actually, the usage of
tables in general in STATA.  I am workign with a dataset in which I would
like to examine variables such as marriage by a number of different
indicator variables, such as district, village type (i.e. intervention vs.
control), age, etc.   Also, I need to examine the data using a pweight.

I was wondering if there is anyway to get row/column percentages using the
"table"" command.  I know that I could get these percentages using the "tab"
command, but I find it inefficient to run lots of tabs and have the output
be scattered all over the place.

In sum, I was wondering if there is anyway to get row/column percentages for
a number of different variables in one step.

I would appreciate your help very much.

~Luciana