Re: st: Re: reporting log linked, linear, and fractional polynomial results

From   Buzz Burhans <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: reporting log linked, linear, and fractional polynomial results
Date   Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:38:05 -0500

Roger,

Thanks very much for your comments; they were indeed helpful. My data exhibits a great deal of shifting and instability in metabolites , with different subjects and different metabolites demonstrating quite different profiles during the same relative time periods, thus making modeling, interpretation, and reporting quite interesting to say the least.

I got your response as I happened to be rereading your Stata Journal 2:45 paper on use of your -somersd- package. I am reminded of your numerous contributions to the Stata community, both in terms of packages like -somersd-, -bspline-, and the -parmest- family, and your frequent responses to statalist. I am sure I speak for many others who have also benefited from your contributions when I express my gratitude for your responses and contributions. I have quite appreciated and benefited from your articulate grasp and communication of underlying methodology and practical application in your various discussions to the Stata community.

Buzz Burhans