RE: st: RE: Stata's logistic vs. SAS CATMOD WLS model.

From   VISINTAINER PAUL <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Stata's logistic vs. SAS CATMOD WLS model.
Date   Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:42:16 -0400

You can interpret it by looking at your outcome over time, within each level
of your intervention.  By inputting your equation, I get:

     +----------------------------+
     | time   intern   it       y |
     |----------------------------|
  1. |    0        0    0    -.08 |
  2. |    1        0    0       0 |
  3. |    0        1    0   -.447 |
  4. |    1        1    1    .708 |

So, in the placebo group, Y changes from -.08 to 0, over time.  In the
intervention group, Y changes from -.447 to .708, over time.  In other
words, the placebo group has a near 0 slope over time, while the
intervention has a significantly positive slope over time.  That's what the
significant interaction term is telling you.

Paul

P.S.  If you plot these, remember that these are linear logits, if you
exponentiate them, values are no longer linear.