RE: st: RE: RE: feeding optimal lag lengths in levinlin andipshinwithin a loop

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: feeding optimal lag lengths in levinlin andipshinwithin a loop
Date   Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:59:30 +0100

Thanks. In fact, a closer scrutiny of your
original reveals what may be the main problem,
so my request for extra information should
have been superfluous in this case.

I link you need to call

lags(A1 A2 <etc.>

_not_

lags(`A1' `A2' <etc.>)

I wouldn't do it that way, however:

foreach k of varlist netprem disclm elr solv {
	preserve
	keep if variable == "`k'"
	forvalues x = 1/19 {
		sum lagrawnotrend if comcode == `x', mean
		local lags "`lags' `r(mean)'"
	}
	levinlin `k', lags(`lags')
	restore
}

I still don't buy the explanation for the -preserve-
and -restore-. Sounds as if you just need to modify
the -if- condition.