st: help w/counting missing

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: help w/counting missing
Date   Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:55:10 -0400

Dear readers:

I am trying to count, within each observation, across
a set of variables (about 190 of them), the number of
times a particular type of missing occurs (denoted
.b for numeric variables and "888888" for string variables).
Note that the set of variables includes both numeric and
string variables (and I would strongly prefer not to
separately list them in two statements using Nick Cox's
-rcount- if I don't have to).

Thanks,

Rich Goldstein