st: Opening a second log when one is already open

From   "Renzo Comolli" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Opening a second log when one is already open
Date   Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:06:18 -0400

Dear StataList,

I usually log the entire do file execution and I would like to keep it like
that.
Moreover, I would like to open a second log within the first log in order to
log only little pieces of the execution, usually tables or regression output
with -reformat- (the best command, for some purposes).
This is only for time saving purposes. So far I logged all and then
cut-paste pieces. But this could potentially amount to huge time savings for
me.

I of course used -findit- and read the manual and even reverse-engineered
part of the (for me complicated) -outreg- to see whether I could do this
somehow better, but to no avail.

Thanks.

Best,
Renzo