Re: st: Error in latest update?

From   Elmer Villanueva <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Error in latest update?
Date   Sun, 05 Oct 2003 12:32:44 +1000

With all due respect, I wouldn't be writing to the list if I haven't
already tried it. In fact, isn't that what everyone tries first?
Restarting the program and the computer, I mean.

The fact that it doesn't work was the main point of the message and
finding no reasonable explanation was the reason for my use of the term
"idiopathic". I am still waiting for an acceptable response from someone
from Stata.

Thanks,

Elmer

Elmer V Villanueva, MD ScM
Senior Research Fellow
Monash Institute of Health Services Research

Level 1, Block E
Monash Medical Centre
246 Clayton Road, Clayton
Victoria 3168 Australia

Tel:   (+61 3) 9594 7545
Fax:   (+61 3) 9594 7554
Mob:   0439 947 544
Email: [email protected]

--- Elmer Villanueva
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> This has happened twice and by the looks of it, it
> seems be a fairly
> idiopathic occurrence.
>
> My version of Stata 8.1 (on Windows) was producing
> graphs fine until I
> downloaded the latest update. I clicked on the
> sunflower plot sample and
> this is what I got....

This was reported before and Vince at Stata corp
provided an explanation. The short answer is that you
need to restart Stata or open a new Stata. It should
then work correctly.

Best,
Ricardo.