st: RE: Stata hidden windows + other seeming windowing oddities

From   Michel Camus <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Stata hidden windows + other seeming windowing oddities
Date   Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:31:52 -0400

Dear Stata people, could you please direct us to the information source (book or internet) about basic window management in Stata 8 ?

I have had the same maddening frustration when I installed Stata 8 2 months ago. I didn't know where to find the info to address that problem in Stata's books nor on the internet.
There must be a good reason for this change relative to previous Stata versions, is there?
Although Stata 8 is a great improvement leap over previous versions, the new windowing is odd to me and Tobias at least.
A related windowing issue is that drop-down menus for commands (data management, statistics, graphics, etc.) conflict with and will appear behind the Review and Variables windows.

My own "stupid solution" to your and my problem, Tobias, was to make the Stata window smaller to discover the Review and Variables windows behind the Stata window, then move them by hand in front of the Stata 8 window, then put the Stata 8 window in full-size mode , then resize each window as I did in previous versions and save my preferences. My "haphazardous solution" has the inconvenience of hiding part of the pull-down command menus...

Michel
atobias wrote:

Sam,
I'll also tried before to send my mail!. But ... It didn't work