Re: st: re:re:Re: panel data hausman negative

From   Stata User <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re:re:Re: panel data hausman negative
Date   Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a question related to hausman test.  I once ran
a random-effects regression and got sigma_u = 0.  When
I tried to use hausman test, Stata said it was an
inappropriate test since random effects has
degenerated to OLS.

My question is what causes random effects to
degenerate to an OLS.

Bude C.sasawat