st: Stata and WinEdt as text editor

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata and WinEdt as text editor
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:48:17 +0200

Dear statalisters

I am sorry if this is slightly OT. I would like to use my favourite Editor
(WinEdt) for do-file editing. After having read
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html , I wrote the following
program and stored it in an ado-file:

program winedt
       version 8
       * discard
       winexec "D:\Programme\WinEdt\WinEdt.exe" `*'
end

Now, typing
- winedt -
in Stata works fine, but when specifying a file name, like - winedt
myfile.do-, winedt fails to look in the current Stata working directory for
myfile. Instead, it looks in the directory where WinEdt was opend last
time, and fails to open myfile.do. If I specify the whole path to myfile,
everything works fine, but it is more typing work each time.

I could not change this behaviour from within WinEdt. Is there some way to
modify the above program in such a way that on typing - winedt myfile.do -,
stata substitutes "current_working_dir\myfile.do", and that specifying a
file name at all is still optional?

Thanks for any advice.
Eva
Eva Poen