Re: st: GLM and ANOVA complaints

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GLM and ANOVA complaints
Date   Sat, 27 Sep 2003 15:14:01 -0400

you are confusing two different meanings of GLM;
for Darlington, this meant "general linear model"
which is essentially anova/linear regression.

for Stata, this means Generalized Linear Model
which encompasses logistic regression, poisson
regression and many other regressions.

While I agree it would be desirable for Stata
to improve xi, this is not that high on my
list of changes/additions to Stata (and
apparently not that high on the list at
Stata either).

Rich Goldstein