st: RE: RE: overview of installed ado's

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: overview of installed ado's
Date   Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:00:16 +0100

Nick Cox

> Ernest Berkhout
> >
> > Just a question that sprang into my mind: is there some
> > command in Stata 8
> > that shows me the names (and maybe version numbers as
> > well?) of all the
> > ado-packages that I have installed? Or is there an easy
> > trick for this, maybe?
>
> So long as you used -ado-, -net- or -ssc- to
> install, then -ado- will do this for you.
>
> However, this just lists stuff in install order.
>
> For many purposes you may find -mypkg- at SSC
> of some use.

I should add that -ado- will do much more than
I implied here. It's merely that its default
is, in my view, fairly useless if you have
several hundred packages installed -- which
is no doubt one good reason why the options were
added.