st: Re: Graph background color

From   Friedrich Huebler <>
Subject   st: Re: Graph background color
Date   Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Vince Wiggins, StataCorp" <> wrote:
> The best thing is probably to specify a somewhat larger line width
> when drawing the graph region.  This forces the graph region to
> actually appear larger than it is by half the width of the line.
> In Friedrich's example the command would become
> >    . graph bar mpg, graphregion(color(white) lwidth(large))
> Friedrich noted that setting -lwidth()- did not work for him.

Thank you for your reply. Setting -lwidth()- does work but I had made
the mistake of trying only -lwidth(none)-, thinking this would remove
the line in the background color. One correction: -large- is not a
-linewidthstyle- and leads to an error message. Instead, the command
below works.

. graph bar mpg, graphregion(color(white) lwidth(medium))

Friedrich Huebler

Do you Yahoo!?