Re: st: multiple instances in OS-X

From   James Jetton <>
Subject   Re: st: multiple instances in OS-X
Date   Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:09:54 -0400

Open terminal and type:

./'/Applications/Stata/Stata.bin' &

This will open a new instance of Stata (note that there is a space before the &).

There is probably an easier way, but this works...

I have recently switched to a Mac laptop using OS-X. One thing I seem unable to do, which I can do in Windows, is run multiple instances of Stata at the same time. I'm quite addicted to such behavior since I can have different data sets open at the same time. Any solutions?