st: FW: Support and training manager (Stats software)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: Support and training manager (Stats software)
Date   Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:14:54 +0100

I am copying this from the UK-based allstat
list, as it may interest proficient Stata users in
or near the UK who are not members of Allstat.

Naturally, if you are interested in this job,
please follow it up privately, and _not_ to the list
and _not_ to me, as I have nothing to do with this.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Susan Purdon
Sent: 17 September 2003 17:20
To: [email protected]
Subject: JOB: Support and training manager (Stats software)

SUPPORT AND TRAINING MANAGER (STATISTICS SOFTWARE)

The National Centre for Social Research (NatCen) is Britain�s largest
independent research organisation with approx. 240  staff and an
annual
research income of over �25m.

We are looking to recruit a graduate with significant experience in
one or
more statistical software packages to act as Support and Training
Manager
to the NatCen quantitative research group. Currently most of NatCen�s
researchers (of which there are about 80) analyse data in SPSS and the
postholder would be expected to offer advice and support to current
users
and to train new users. However, we are planning to make STATA the
default
analysis package, and a key role of the postholder would be to train
all
research staff in the use of STATA through an series of short courses,
and
to offer ongoing advice and support.  The postholder will be expected
promote the use of STATA within NatCen and to define and document good
practice and quality control procedures.

Candidates will need to demonstrate good knowledge of at least one
statistics package. A degree in Statistics or a closely related
discipline
would be an advantage but is not essential. Previous teaching
experience
and/or helpline or support experience would be an advantage.

The post is based in NatCen�s head office in London EC1. The
successful
candidate will join a team of researchers and statisticians in the
Survey
Methods Unit. The Unit provides advice and support to the quantitative
research teams  -  mainly on design and analysis issues  -  as well as
carrying out original methodological research, data analysis and
reporting.

Initial salary is dependent on experience but is likely to be in the
range
�23-�30K depending on experience.   We also offer generous holiday
entitlement, a pension scheme and every other Friday off.

For an application form and for a job description please  contact
Rosemary
Peddar, Personnel Administrator, NatCen, 35 Northampton Square, London
EC1V
OAX.  email: [email protected].  The closing date for completed
application forms is  13 October 2003.   Interviews are likely to take
place during the week beginning 20 October 2003.

Susan Purdon
Director, Survey Methods Unit
National Centre for Social Research
35 Northampton Square