RE: st: For Sophia Rabe-Hesketh...... RE: Re: Factor analysis of count data

From   "Chih-Mao Hsieh" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: For Sophia Rabe-Hesketh...... RE: Re: Factor analysis of count data
Date   Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:45:41 -0500

Dear Sophia,

Another thing: You mentioned below in the first response that the gllamm
factor-analytic procedure is for estimating confirmatory models.  My
impression was that for the most part, confirmatory factor analysis
typically starts with some kind of matrix (correlation or
variance/covariance) -- the null hypothesis, if you will.  But the
example in chapter 4 does not appear to mention the inputting of any
kind of matrix.

Does this mean that gllamm can be used for exploratory factor analysis
(as well)?  If so, is this just not recommended?

Chihmao.

Chihmao Hsieh
John M. Olin School of Business
Washington University