st: RE: Questions

From   "Jennifer Ng" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Questions
Date   Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:56:11 -0700

Hi Danny,
1 To avoid "More" when you run a long regression, you should type "set more
off" at the beginning of your program.
2.  In stata, "." represents for missing value.  Using "." can help you
solve your question 2.

cheers,
Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of dyap82
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2003 8:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Questions

Hi All

I'm new to Stata so I would appreciate any assistance

1. I was wondering what the command is to stop stata from requiring
the user to press the space bar when a long regression is estimated.
ie is it possible just to keep on estimating a series of regression
without consistent prompts.

2. I have inputed a data file with missing values denoted N/A. It
seems as though Stata omits each whole observation when there is
only an N/A in one of the columns. Is there anyway make Stata
recognise an N/A only when the variable is used in a regression?

Thanks in advance

Danny