st: RE: Stata Fonts

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata Fonts
Date   Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:27:08 +0100

Friedrich Huebler

> This post may only apply to the MS Windows operating system. The
> latest Stata update (09sep2003) includes this change:
>
> 27. tabulate now accents the i when labeling Cramir's V (obtained
> using the V option).
>
> This does not work with the Stata fonts. When a Stata font
> is used in
> the Results window, the accented e appears as a question mark
> (Cram?r's V). Also, in the help for label_language, the umlaut a in
> the word "Ausldndisch" appears as a greater than sign (Ausl>ndisch).
>
> Do the Stata fonts not support international characters?

As one person who urged this change (perhaps
there were others), I am pleased to see it
implemented. And I confirm that the accent
doesn't show up with the Stata fonts with
Windows XP: you get "?" instead.

But that seems to have been the case for a while.

However, what I see with the Fixedsys font
is an accented "e", which is what it should be.

If you're seeing an "i", something is messed up
somewhere.