st: Bootstrap with some samples ill-conditioned

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Bootstrap with some samples ill-conditioned
Date   Mon, 08 Sep 2003 21:18:52 -0500

Dear all,

I have a question re bootstrap predicted probability in order logit. I have an ordinal dependent variable with four categories with one category having insufficient cases. I have a bootstrap routine to sample with replacement and estimate teh model, but sometime, the sample does not contain that category in the dependent variable. How to adjust for that? Should I just ignore it when calculating the bootstrap average and the percential (or normal) confidence intervals? Could you suggest some quick reference into this problem? Really appreciate.

Jun Xu
Doctoral Student
Department of Sociology
Indiana University