st: Re: Re: Re: still troubles in loading a big dataset in Stata---- Help Please!!!

From   "Ada Ma" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Re: Re: still troubles in loading a big dataset in Stata---- Help Please!!!
Date   Sat, 6 Sep 2003 19:48:38 +0100

Michael Blasnik wrote:
> I have to disagree with at least one point made by Ada Ma.
<snipped>
> Also, I haven't seen a text file grow by 6x-8x when insheeting into Stata.

I concede on this point.  Yes you're right, I only looked at the files I
have on my computer and forgot that those particular dta files have been
fattened up by merging and thus the dta files aren't comparable to the txt.

Upon double checking, if your data set is compiled of numbers only, the dta
will be just under half the size of the original.

Ada Ma