Re: st: rreg vs qreg regression

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   Re: st: rreg vs qreg regression
Date   Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:24:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Nick Cox <> wrote:

> Some partial thoughts follow. I make 4 points, but
> others could in principle make at least 40, because
> this all raises a bundle of highly interrelated
> issues.

Thank you Nick for your valuable comments.

After reading some literature (including the Stata
manuals) I get the sense that -rreg- is more robust to
outliers, whereas -qreg- is more robust to the
skewness in the data. However, I have not found this
stated anywhere. Those anyone have any thoughts about

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK

Do you Yahoo!?