RE: st: SAS to Stata do instruction

From   "Grochulski, W. Daniel" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: SAS to Stata do instruction
Date   Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:52:07 -0400

I believe my previous post answers (indirectly) this question, but to
clarify the SAS loop syntax used, here's the explanation:

DO LN_TIME=-1 TO LN_MAX] BY INC, LN_MAX;

requires repeated computations of LN_TIME starting from -1 and then adding
the INC so long as the result is not exceeding LN_MAX; when this happens
compute one more time for LN_TIME exactly equal to LN_MAX. Comma separates
this additional computation from the regular loop and one can specify a
whole list here, like

do x = a to b by c, d, e, f;

where we go looping by increment c from a to b and then we also do d, e and
f.

Hope this helps ,

Daniel.