st: RE: Generating block randomation schedule using Stata

From   "Cleves, Mario A" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Generating block randomation schedule using Stata
Date   Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:07:13 -0500

Title: Message
Rolf Klemm <[email protected]> asked:

> I want to generate a randomization schedule for a study with 2 arms for a sample size of 800 with a block size of 8,

> or 100 blocks of 8.  Is there a way to do this in Stata?

I wrote a program a few years ago to do this. You can download it from my web site. In Stata type:

Then click on  -rndallo- (or net install it).

Regards,
Mario.

Mario A. Cleves, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
UAMS College of Medicine
Department of Pediatrics
Senior Biostatistician
Arkansas Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention
11219 Financial Centre Parkway, Suite 250
Little Rock, AR  72211
Telephone: 501-364-5001
Fax: 501-364-5107
Email: [email protected]

I want to generate a randomization schedule for a study with 2 arms for a sample size of 800 with a block size of 8, or 100 blocks of 8.  Is there a way to do this in Stata?

Rolf D.W. Klemm, MPH DrPH

Center for Human Nutrition

Department of International Health

Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

Work: 410-614-2848

Fax: 410-955-0196