st: Paired proportions- power calculation

From   "Andrew McIntosh" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Paired proportions- power calculation
Date   Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:13:48 +0100

I (will) have a sample of 30 pairs of people and I want to calculate the

power to detect a difference of 5, 10, or 15 events between the two
(paired ) groups, assuming the control group have an event rate of about

Unforunately, the 'sampsi' command doesn't seem to extend to matched
pairs and I wondered if there was a method of completing this
analysis using another STATA command? Thank you for any help...

Andrew McIntosh, Edinburgh University