st: Fonts and graph export

From   Nicholas Winter <>
To   Stata List <>
Subject   st: Fonts and graph export
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:52:55 -0400

I'm trying to specify a font face in a -graph export- command, in which I'm exporting to an encapsulated postscript file. The font I want to use is TrueType (I'm on windows); its name is "Palatino Linotype". I can't get it to work, no matter what I do with the font() option.

When I specify font("Palatino Linotype"), stata creates the .eps file, but then acrobat complains about it.

When I print the graph from Stata directly to Acrobat Distiller, things work perfectly--I get a pdf file with the right font--so it must be possible.

Any ideas?

Nick Winter

Nicholas Winter 308 White Hall
Assistant Professor t:607.255.8819