Re: st: string function problem

From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: string function problem
Date   Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:59:20 +0900

Ricardo Ovaldia wrote:

Thanks Nick. I love and use -tostring- often, however
it is not part of "official" Stata and because I am
writing a program for general use I do not want to
force other users to install -tostring-.

Stata really needs to make -tostring- an "official"

-tostring- was made official in the latest ado update last Wednesday.
 Type -update query- (or -help whatsnew- and if it's earlier than
2003-08-13), then type -update ado-.

Joseph Coveney

P.S. Apologies for not mentioning -tostring- at first; glad that Nick caught