st: Re:Re: xtprobit predict

From   paula garcia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re:Re: xtprobit predict
Date   Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:34:55 -0400

Thanks Scott!

----- Original Message -----
From: "paula garcia" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 2:09 PM
Subject: st: xtprobit predict

> Hi statalist,
>
> I want to do a panel data probit:
>
> y(it)=x(it)b v(i) e(it)
>
> and I want to obtain the value of the cfd evaluated at the prediction
including the individual random effect, that is:

> norm[{x(it)*b(estimated)} v(i)]
>
> I think it is this way:
>
> predict xb, xb
> norm(xb)
>
> What I really want to be sure about is if the xb predicted does include the
term v(i) or not.

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Paula Garcia

No, xb is just the fitted values.

You can obtain the predicted individual effects using -gllamm-.

A similar question was asked in April.   Sophia Rabe-Hesketh
<[email protected]>
replied:

"If your xtprobit command was

xtprobit y x1 x2, i(id) re,

you can estimate the model in gllamm using

gllamm y x1 x2, i(id) link(probit) fam(binom) adapt

Then use

predict res, u

to get empirical Bayes predictions of the random
effects. The posterior means will be stored in
resm1 and the posterior standard deviations in
ress1.

The latest version of gllamm is available from SSC,
see also

http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/IoP/Departments/BioComp/programs/gllamm.html "

Hope this helps,
Scott