st: LR test and robust SE under logit

From   Thomas Schmeling <>
Subject   st: LR test and robust SE under logit
Date   Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:21:46 -0400

I am estimating a logit model using robust standard errors (via clustering
on a subject ID variable).  I want to compare a restricted model with a
full model.  STATA tells me that LR test cannot be used with robust SEs,
although I can get the LR test results by using the 'force' option.

Can anyone point me to a discussion of why LRtest is invalid under robust
SE?  Does anyone have advice on how to proceed where I need to use the
Robust SE to estimate the model correctly and want to compare the full and
restricted models?

Dept. of Political Science
Rhode Island College
600 Mount Pleasant Ave. Providence, RI 02908
Phone: (401) 456-8722