st: matsize

From   David Airey <>
Subject   st: matsize
Date   Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:23:38 -0500

How do you know before running a model, what the matsize needs to be? Is there an exact size you can determine beforehand?

I'm going to work with a complex ANOVA and want to figure out the matsize needed, to see if Stata 8/SE can handle it, if I need to simplify the design, or if I need to purchase additional RAM. My computer can have 1000 mb max.

ANOVA model:

between subject factors: