st: RE: Stata Courses

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Stata Courses
Date   Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:19:18 +0100

Neill Calvert

> Does any one know of any European based STATA courses for
> someone with a
> good understanding of spreadsheet and database packages and
> econometrics, but only elementary knowledge of stats
> packages such as SPSS?

Among various other places, the Universities of
Manchester and Bristol have held courses fairly
recently. If I hear of courses outside Stata Corp, I always
copy to Stata Corp, who put links on their website.

In Britain and other countries which it serves,
Timberlake sometimes arrange courses. See their website
on http://www.timberlake.co.uk for announcements of
a course I understand to be forthcoming.

I am not aware of courses with a specific orientation
to econometrics, however.

Of course, Stata Corp's NetCourses can be taken wherever you are.
I have taken a few and they are very good value. (No
commission on sales.)