Re: st: generating categorical variables

From   "Sarah A. Mustillo" <>
Subject   Re: st: generating categorical variables
Date   Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:00:37 -0400

See .help xtile, or look up xtile in the reference manual - I think that
will give you what you want.

If I understand your question, you would want to type:

xtile newvar=oldvar, nq(4)

--On Tuesday, August 12, 2003 6:40 PM -0500 Lindsey Jeanne Leininger