st: pseudo random orders for treatment levels

From   David Airey <>
Subject   st: pseudo random orders for treatment levels
Date   Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:29:01 -0500

Anybody have code to generate a pseudorandom number sequences for treatment level assignment/presentation? For example, if I have tests of types 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, and I want a bunch of sets such that in each set I have 2 and only replicates of each (10 tests total per set), but ordered pseudorandomly, how do I do that? I can do this using a random number table, but I thought there must be a nicer program, maybe sort of like egen seq(), but with experimental levels per block or period, etc.

* For searches and help try: