Re: st:How to do analysis if the same variable exists in one dataset and is missing or contains no observation in another database?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:How to do analysis if the same variable exists in one dataset and is missing or contains no observation in another database?
Date   Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:59:52 -0400

Hi David,

Some of the variables in a through d can be missing (for example the
characteristics -education- of the head of the family). The same thing holds for
e through h.

Best regards.

                      David Kantor
                      <[email protected]>                                                  To:  [email protected]
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        Subject:  Re: st:How to do analysis if the same variable exists in one dataset and
                      harvard.edu                       is missing or contains no observation in another database?

                      08/08/2003 02:01 PM
                      Please respond to
                      statalist

Do you mean that a through d are always present, but e through h are
possibly absent?

At 01:40 PM 8/8/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Many thanks David and Nick.
>I think that I have sufficient elements to write my program.
>
>David, I can see that I confuse you with my varlist.
>[...]

David Kantor
Institute for Policy Studies
Johns Hopkins University