RE: st: RE: interpreting output of kdensity command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: interpreting output of kdensity command
Date   Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:39:22 +0100

Roger Harbord

> > David Finney wrote a very nice paper on "Dimensions
> > in statistics" in Applied Statistics 25, 285-289 (1977).
> >

> Just looked that up (on JSTOR), and found that Nick made a
> rare typo - it's in vol. 26 (No.3).
>
> I often use dimensions to check results myself, betraying
> my past life as a
> physicist.  It's a habit that I've just had reason to be glad of.
>
> Thanks for the reference Nick,

Quite correct, and thanks. Some folks at Stata Corp
will enjoy that correction too.

It must be my background in geography.
In geography, the error bars are so big we have
to keep them in the basement.