st: interpreting output of kdensity command

From   Kimberley Tran <>
Subject   st: interpreting output of kdensity command
Date   Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:47:26 -0300

 To build kernel density graphs in Stata, I created a Do-file for purpose of
generating a variable within which density measures are taken. This variable
contained 100 points. From my understanding, the distance between each point
is the bandwidth. I ran this Do-file prior to using the kdensity command.
 In the resulting kernel density graphs, there are points on the y-axis which
are greater than 1. How should the y-axis of the resulting kernel density
graphs be interpreted? Is it the frequency of the distribution?
Thank you