Re: st: RE: expanding a local that contains a list or wildcards

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: expanding a local that contains a list or wildcards
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:44:36 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Statalist,

Numerous people have suggested using unab rhsvars : `rhsvars'. This is
exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very much for your help.

I do have a more general question. Let's say I have a silly program that
looked like this:

program myprog
version 8.0
unab 0 : `*'

display " `0' "

local k=0
        while "``k''" !="" {
        local ++k
}

local --k

display "The number of variables is `k'"

end

For some reason, even though I redefined the 0 local to contain the
expanded variable list (without spaces), the subsequent loop appears to
use the original, unexpanded local 0. I am not sure why this is the
case. Is it possible to redefine 0?

Dimitriy Masterov