st: how to control jitering in scatter plots

From   "Jann, Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: how to control jitering in scatter plots
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:24:11 +0200

Hi there

Does anyone know how the random noise generator of the jitering option in scatter plots can be controlled (Stata 8 and/or 7). I'd like to produce a series of related graphs for didactical purposes. The data points are always the same, however, some other stuff changes from graph to graph. It would be really nice if the data points would be jittered *exactly* the same way in each graph. (Up to now, I just produced one graph with everything in it, and then manually deleted whatever wasn't needed by editing the eps-file.)

My first guess was, that the jittering depends on the seed. So I tried:

 set seed ...
 scatter ...

This doesn't work, however.

Thanks in advance!