st: RE: not repeating the 'if' command

From   "Salah Mahmud" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: not repeating the 'if' command
Date   Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:15:10 -0400

The closest thing to the SPSS filter is perhaps something like the
following:

preserve
keep if group==1

tab sex
tab race
etc....

restore

which you would then repeat for all levels of "group".

You can also try:

sort group
by group: tab sex
by group: tab race

Dr. Salaheddin Mahmud
Division of Cancer Epidemiology
Department of Oncology, McGill University
Gerald Bronfman Centre
546 Pine Avenue West
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H2W 1S6